KANSAS CITY, MO – March Madness and the Big 12 college basketball tournament will look different in downtown Kansas City, but organizers say lots of fun is still planned.
The Kansas City Power & Light District says there will be a host and DJ to keep the fun between games on the big screen at the Live! Block.
Power & Light also takes precautions to ensure college basketball fans are safe while they are participating in the tournament or having fun at the T-Mobile Center. Precautions include:
- Masks are required at all times unless you are actively eating or drinking.
- Sitting is socially distant.
- During their time at KC Live! or in one of the restaurants and bars in the Power & Light District.
- Contactless orders are in the KC Live! Living room from McFadden’s and Guy’s Dive. You order over your phone and the food is brought to you from each restaurant.
The district says there are a few other changes fans need to know about before going to a game in the area.
- Groups of four or more wishing to watch a game in a bar or restaurant are asked to make reservations in advance.
- Reservations can be made through individual restaurants.
- If you have a table at the KC Live! Living room, Fill out this form and you will be contacted about your request.
- All tables that are not reserved are available subject to availability.
- Not only valid for the Big 12 championship. It’s until April 5th for all March Madness games.
The men’s Big 12 championship ends on March 10th at the T-Mobile Center. The women’s tournament begins on March 11th in the city auditorium. Tickets are still available for both tournaments.
Suggest a correction