The Washington Nationals announced their minor league managers, coaches and coordinators for the 2021 season on Friday. National President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Mike Rizzo made the announcement.
* Matt LeCroy will lead Triple-A Rochester. The 2021 season marks his 13th place as coach in the Washington Nationals organization. In 2020, LeCroy was the quality control coordinator in the minor league and most recently headed the Double-A Senators in Harrisburg for four seasons (2016-19). In addition to serving as a manager in the Washington minor league system, LeCroy spent two seasons (2014-15) as the Nationals Major League bullpen coach.
* Tripp Keister begins his 10th season in the Washington system, his first as manager of Double-A Harrisburg. Keister has been responsible for Single-A Fredericksburg / Potomac (2015-2020) for the past six seasons. He led the Potomac Nationals to three post-season appearances (2018, 2016, 2014) including the 2014 Mills Cup championship and one appearance in the 2018 championship.
* Tommy Shields takes over the helm of Wilmington Blue Rocks and returns to the manager for the first time since 2012-14 when he was manager of Burlington Royals, Kansas City’s single-A partner for the short season. Shields, who will also continue his role as co-field coordinator, enters his seventh season with Washington.
* Mario Lisson will begin his first season at Single-A Fredericksburg in 2021 after serving as manager for Single-A Hagerstown in 2020. In the last two seasons (2018-19) he was manager of the GCL Nationals.
* Jake Lowery will lead the Gulf Coast League Nationals, his first season in the role. As a former catcher, Lowery spent portions of nine professional seasons in the Washington (2016-19) and Cleveland (2011-15) minor league systems.
Triple-A Rochester: Matt LeCroy, manager; Brian Daubach, impact coach; Miguel Tejera, pitching trainer; Eric Montague, sports coach; Mike Warren, strength and conditioning coach.
Double-A Harrisburg: Tripp Keister, Manager; Brian Rupp, impact coach; Sam Narron, pitching coach; TD Swinford, sports coach; RJ Guyer, strength and conditioning trainer.
High Single-A Wilmington: Tommy Shields, Manager, Co-Field Coordinator; Luis Ordaz, impact coach; Justin Lord, pitching coach; Don Neidig, sports coach; Shane Hill, strength and conditioning trainer.
Low Single-A Fredericksburg: Mario Lisson, Manager; Jorge Mejia, impact coach; Pat Rice, pitching coach; Kirby Craft, sports trainer; Ryan Grose, strength and conditioning trainer.
Beginner Gulf Coast League: Jake Lowery, Manager; Mark Harris, impact coach; Franklin Bravo and Larry Pardo, pitching coaches; Jacob Meyer, sports trainer; Gabe Torres, strength and conditioning trainer / Latin American strength and conditioning trainer.
Dominican Summer League for Beginners: Sandy Martinez, Manager / Field Coordinator; Freddy Guzman, Beat Coach; Edwin Hurtado, pitching coach; Wilson Valdez, infield trainer; Emilio Alcantara, field coach; Anthony Rosario, tryout assistant; Miguel Cabrera, sports coach; Santo Del Rosario, strength and conditioning trainer; Manny Moore, Latin American training coordinator.
Spin Williams, Senior Advisor, Player Development
Jeff Garber, Co-Field Coordinator, Infield Coordinator, Extended Spring Training Manager
Tommy Shields, Co-Field Coordinator
Troy Gingrich, loft coordinator
Brad Holman, pitching coordinator
Gary Thurman, Outfield / Base Run Coordinator
Mark Grater, Rehabilitation and Pitching Coordinator for the Dominican Republic
Sandy Martinez, Dominican Republic Field Coordinator
Jon Kotredes, Medical Rehabilitation Coordinator
Jeff Allred, assistant medical coordinator
Tony Rogowski, strength and conditioning coordinator
Carlos Felix, Minor League Clubhouse and Equipment Coordinator
Scott Pacquin, minor league clubhouse operator