– #1 place for graduates: Greater New York City Area (37,647 alumni, 27.6% of graduates)
– #2 place: Hartford, Connecticut Area (37,393 alumni, 27.5% of graduates)
– #3 place: Greater Boston Area (11,874 alumni, 8.7% of graduates)
– #4 place: New London/Norwich, Connecticut Area (4,592 alumni, 3.4% of graduates)
– #5 place: Washington D.C. Metro Area (2,682 alumni, 2.0% of graduates)
– University location: Storrs, Connecticut
– Alumni on LinkedIn: 136,173
Although it is a picturesque New England town, Storrs, Connecticut, doesn’t offer all that much in the way of job opportunities or cultural experiences. Opportunities abound, however, in nearby New York City, which attracts many of the school’s economics majors, and Hartford, with its booming insurance industry. A look at the list suggests that many UConn alumni learn to love the New England way of life during their time at school, and they don’t leave that behind after graduation.