Our Chaplain provides spiritual care to our residents, staff, and family members. Specific duties of the position include:
- Provide administrative and financial oversight of and leadership for Spiritual Wellness department for multi-level senior living community.
- Provide supervision for Spiritual Wellness volunteers.
- Maintain services records and resources for the Episcopal Chapel.
- Provide liturgical leadership and development for worship and other spiritual expression opportunities.
- Participate on the SLHS Spiritual Wellness committees, SLH Ethics Committee, task forces, and ceremonial functions.
- Establish and integrate Spiritual Wellness practices, standards, and goals with the Director of Spiritual Wellness along with other SLHS Spiritual Wellness chaplains.
- Provide religious, spiritual and emotional care and counsel to residents their families and or intimate network as well as to Bishop Spencer Place personnel, students and volunteers with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team in provision of resident care.
- Assist the Clinical Pastoral Educators in training Clinical Pastoral Education Interns and Residents in clinical skills and provision of spiritual care by serving as a Preceptor.